1. Cut Video
- 1.1 How to Cut a Video
2. Cut Video of Different Formats
- 2.1 Cut/Trim MP4 Video
- 2.2 Cut AVI Video
- 2.3 Cut YouTube Videos
- 2.4 Cut MKV Video
- 2.5 Trim MPEG Video
- 2.6 Cut FLV Video
- 2.7 Cut QuickTime MOV
- 2.8 Cut WMV Video
- 2.9 Cut VOB/DVD File
3. Top Video Cutting Software
- 3.1 VLC Cut Video
- 3.2 How to Cut Video in iMovie
- 3.3 Cut a Video with Premiere
- 3.4 Cut Video in Windows Movie Maker
- 3.5 FFmpeg Video Cutter
MP4 is one of the most popular video formats in the world. It can fit longer videos of high quality in a lower file size. There are thus plenty of occasions where an MP4 cutter comes in handy. These MP4 cutters can make your videos crispier and shareable. So, how do you cut these videos well? In this blog, we will look at some of the best MP4 cutters out there so that you can choose your favorite one according to your requirements on video format, size and more.
- Part 2. How to Cut a Mp4 video with Filmora
- Part 3. How to Pick up A Proper MP4 Video Cutter
Part 1. Best 10 Free MP4 Cutters [Online & Desktop]
MMovica is a free MP4 cutter that can cut Windows media, MPEG files and FLVs. You can simply select your desired portions from a video and cut it as per your need. The simple features of the editor give you the ultimate edge to save your time and at the same time, you get the final output in the finest manner. So, this MP4 cutter free comes as a nice gift for any of you who’s searching for a tool that can trim varieties of videos with its simple twists.
Avidemux is a free open source MP4 cutter available on Windows, Mac and Linux. It also supports AVI, DVD-compatible MPEG files, and ASF formats. It’s full of easy-to-use features. The clean interface of the tool is perfect for a smooth video editing operation. Not only is that videos can be encoded in different ways. Though the tool lacks timeline feature, the overall performance of this video editor is quite praise-worthy.
VirtualDub is a quick video editor, but it can be considered as a main streamlined tool. VirtualDub is mainly used for editing different AVI files but can cut MP4 files as well. It’s distributed under GNU, so you can consider this a perfect free MP4 cutter for sure. For this, you can use it as a lightweight video editing tool which is good on the go.
#4. Video Toolbox
Video Toolbox is another great free MP4 cutter that supports most of the major video formats like 3GP, FLV, AVI, ASF, M4V, MKV, MOV, MPEG, MPG, VOB and WMV. One disappointing thing about the tool is that it supports up to 600 MB. So, you can consider this video editor for editing short video clips. So, if your need is to cut a short video clip, then you can use this MP4 trimmer free.
Lightworks a nifty MP4 cutter with an intuitive interface that works on Windows, Mac and Linux. It has its basic version free for use. Premium plans start from $9.99 per month. It also supports many less supported video formats like MXF, R3D, BRam, MTS, M2TS and M2T etc.
#6. Cute Video Cutter
Cute Video cutter is a Windows-based lightweight free MP4 cutter that supports a wide range of video formats. The list includes AVI, MPEG-1/2, DVD/SVCD/VCD, VOB, DAT, ASF, WMV, Divx, xVid, MOV, M4V, MPA, 3GP, MKV, RM, RMVB, SWF, FLV video formats.
iMovie is a free and powerful MP4 cutter and video editor from Apple that works on both iOS and macOS devices. Although iMovie supports most of the popular video formats, it may not work well with lesser-known video formats like FLC, DivX or H.261 etc. There are, however, compressors available for such incompatibilities. It has different awesome features which can turn your stale videos into magical movie-like ones. High-resolution videos are processed on this software without having any interruptions. You can cut videos regardless they’re recorded with iOS or Mac or similar types of devices.
Freemake Video Converter is a free tool to cut your MP4 files. It can also convert media files from one format to other. It supports over 500 video and audio file formats. It supports over 500 types of video formats. Can you imagine the number? Yes, more than 500 types of videos are compatible on this tool. One thing to assure is that the number of users of this tool is dramatically increasing and you can notice that on the site of Freemake. You’ll see that every now and then, the number is increasing.
Online Video cutter is a simple MP4 cutter. It has limited functionality, but that makes it very easy to use. Since it is an online tool, there is no installation required. In addition, Online Video Cutter supports almost every video format out there, including MP4 format. Its high compatibility rate means that you will have ease in downloading your videos to mobile device platforms like iPhone, iPad and iPod. The choice will be yours to make because you will benefit from easy cutting of your MP4 videos online.
Aconvert is another free online MP4 cutter that also provides some basic editing features. The video file size is limited to 200 MB. It supports most of the common video formats. The list includes MP4, AVI, FLV, MPG, MKV, WMV, M2TS, WEBM, ASF, MOV, M4V, RM, VOB or OGV. If you want to trim MP4 online, then ACONVERT Video Cutter can be a reliable companion for doing the task. The video split sections deals with the MP4 cutting. So, using the option, you can cut your MP4 video online in no time. Being a multifunctional tool, you can completely rely on Aconvert.
Part 2. How to Cut a Mp4 video with Filmora
Filmora is a powerful desktop video editor (for both Windows and Mac) that can effortlessly cut your MP4 videos without any quality loss.
Here's how to cut your videos in Filmora:
Step 1: Import your video
Click File - Import Media - Import Media Files to import your MP4 video.
Step 2: Split the video
Place the red playhead at the start and end of the unwanted sections you wish to remove and click on the red scissor to split the MP4 video at those points.
Step 3: Delete the clip
Choose the unwanted clip. Right-click and click Delete or press the “delete” key to delete the clip.
Step 4: Merge the rest of the clips
Merge the clips by aligning them at the right positions in the timeline.
Step 5: Export the clip
Export the video in MP4 format by clicking on export.
Part 3. How to Pick up A Proper MP4 Video Cutter or Trimmer
Now, after viewing the above MP4 video cutter or trimmer, which one are you ready to try? The right tool depends on your needs. If you want to do a one-time basic mp4 cutting, then some of the online MP4 cutters are your best choice. But if you are looking for a fully-loaded software that is not only an MP4 cutter but also a powerful video editor, we strongly recommend you give Filmora a try.
|Filmora Video Editor||Movica||Avidemux||VirtualDub||Video Toolbox||Lightworks||Cute Video Cutter||iMovie||Freemake Video Converter||Online Video Cutter||ACONVERT Video Cutter|
|Cut, or trim MP4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Edit video (like rotate, overlay, split screen, etc.)||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Edit background music||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No|
Free Download For Win 7 or later (64-bit)
Free Download For macOS 10.12 or later
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
People Also Ask
What's Wondershare ID?
Wondershare ID is an easy way to access Filmora's resources, keep track of your product's activation status, and manage your purchases. Use your Wondershare ID to sign into Filmora and Filmstock. More products and services will be connected in the future. If you want to know how to create and activate a Wondershare ID, please click here >
How to Access to Filmstock / Filmora's Effects?
Filmstock is an amazing source of effects resources for Filmora users to use in their videos! You'll find animated titles, motion graphics, filters, intros, overlays, and more. To get effects packs you need to log in from the Effects Store with your Wondershare ID, and subscribe for access to all Filmora's effects. Click here to learn more details about Filmora's effects.
Does iSkysoft Have More Software Categories to Recommend?
Yes! We are trying our best to help you with smart solutions that makes your digital life become more creative and productive. Click here to know more about what are the best software in different categories and get the one most suitable for you.
You Might Also Like
> Video Editor > Top 10 Free MP4 Video Cutter/Trimmer to Cut MP4 Online or Offline
Kapwing is voted the internet's #1 free video editor where you can edit, trim, and cut your videos easily on any web browser all in one place without having to pay or install any software.How can I cut MP4 files for free? ›
- Select. Upload an MP4 from your device. Video clips can be up to 1 hour long.
- Trim. Trim your clip by sliding the handlebars or entering in time cuts manually.
- Download. Instantly download your newly trimmed MP4 clip.
Kapwing is voted the internet's #1 free video editor where you can edit, trim, and cut your videos easily on any web browser all in one place without having to pay or install any software.How do I easily cut an MP4 video? ›
- Import. Log into your Flixier account and click the blue Import button to add the MP4 file to your library. ...
- Trim. To trim your file, create a new project and drag the file down to the Timeline. ...
- Export. Once you're done trimming your MP4 file, click the blue export button to start rendering.
Bandicut Video Cutter (Free)Is there a free tool to split MP4 files? ›
- EaseUS Video Editor (Recommended) Platform: Windows 10/8.1/8/7. ...
- Windows Movie Maker. Platform: Windows. ...
- Lightworks. Platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux. ...
- iMovie. Platform: Mac. ...
- QuickTime Player. Platform: Windows and Mac. ...
- Avidemux. Platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux. ...
- Free MP4 Splitter. Platform: Windows. ...
- Online Video Cutter.
VEED lets you compress your MP4 videos online in just a few clicks. No need to download or install an app! It is faster and easier to use an online compressor than using apps like VLC or QuickTime Player. You can choose your video's resolution from Standard to High Quality.How can I edit MP4 videos online for free? ›
- Upload. Add your MP4 files to VEED. Upload by dragging & dropping. ...
- Edit. Make whatever changes you need. Cut/trim video, crop video, rotate video, edit audio, and so much more.
- Download. All done? Hit 'download' and your video will render in seconds.
To cut videos in VLC, you can use VLC's recording feature to create an entirely new video file. If you want to cut out multiple clips, you'll have to either make multiple new video files, or skip around the video while it's recording. Both the Mac and PC versions of VLC let you cut videos by recording them.How do I trim an MP4 video in Windows? ›
- Find the video you want to edit and double-click it to open it in the Windows video player.
- Click the Edit button (shaped like a pencil) in the lower right of the video player window and then, in the menu, click "Trim." The video should open in the Photos app.
- Open VLC and open the video file you want to crop. ...
- Once you've opened the video, decide on the areas you'd like to cut out so you get the part you can use. ...
- Once you've decided on that, go to Tools > Effects and Filters > Video Effects > Crop if you're on Windows 10.
InVideo's online video editor is absolutely free to play and make videos. The videos exported on our free plan come with a watermark. Additionally, some of the features like premium stock assets, etc. are only available on the paid plans.How do I use free video cutter? ›
- Select. Upload a video from your device. Choose a video up to 1 hour long.
- Trim. Trim your clip by sliding the handlebars or enter in time cuts manually.
- Download. Instantly download your newly trimmed video clip.
- Upload your video. Upload a video directly to Kapwing using our easy UI. ...
- Add splits to your video. Use the timeline section of the Studio editor to split the videos in the right sections as you see fit. ...
- Download and share. Just hit Export, and your final output video will be produced.
- Upload, record, or start with a template. Upload your video to VEED or start recording using our screen and webcam recorder. ...
- Split your video. Click on the location where you want to split your video or move the slider across the timeline. ...
- Export or keep creating! Export your video and share.
- Select the clip you want to split. Click on the clip in the timeline to select it. ...
- Position the seeker where you want to split your clip. Drag the seeker (the white vertical line with a circle on top) to where you want to cut your clip. ...
- Click the scissors icon.
The best way to compress a video for free online is to use Kapwing's Video Compressor. Kapwing supports many video file types including MP4, MOV, AVI, WebM, and more. Whether you need to compress a 3GB video file or a 200MB one, you can do so in Kapwing without having to pay, sign in, or install any software.Is there a free video compressor? ›
Short description: Freemake Video Converter is one of the best free video compressors for PC. It supports a wide range of outputs, including MP4, MPG, AVI, WMV, ROM, and several others, so you can choose a format that's compatible with your device. It's user-friendly and easy to use.What program reduces MP4 file size? ›
|HandBrake||Free and Fast Video compression and conversion.|
|Movavi Video Converter||Fast and Unlimited Video Conversion and Compression|
|Videosolo Video Converter||Free and simple Video Compression|
|Final Cut Pro X||Advanced Video editing and compression for MAC|
- Upload your MP4 clip. First off, hit the 'Choose file' button above to upload the MP4 file that you'd like to split. ...
- Split it! Once uploaded, you'll be taken to Clideo's editor tool. ...
- Watch and download.
Photos App. Windows 10 has a hidden video editor, part of the Photos app. This feature works a bit like Windows Movie Maker. You can use this free MP4 editor Windows 10 to trim your MP4 video, or create your own home videos and slideshows.Does Google have video editor? ›
In Google Photos, you can edit your videos with special effects, filters, and more from your mobile device.What software can I use to cut videos? ›
- Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Final Cut Pro X.
- Adobe After Effects.
- Import your unedited clips into your video editing program of choice.
- Trim and arrange your clips in the Timeline.
- Apply and adjust effects, transitions, graphics, and text.
- Add and edit music, sound effects, and audio.
- Tweak your finishing touches and export your final video.
Actually, Windows Media Player can not crop a video directly. However plug-ins including the SolveigMM WMP Trimmer may be set up and used to cut or edit videos in Windows Media Player for free.How do I trim a video in VLC Windows? ›
- Open the video you want to trim with VLC Media Player.
- Press View > Advanced Controls from the toolbar on the top.
- The advanced controls menu will display in the lower-left corner of VLC.
- Start playing the video and move the slider to the section of the video you want to keep.
Clipchamp is the built-in video editor for Windows 11. It is also available in Windows 10 from Microsoft Store. There are many other ways to access Clipchamp, including: Search the Windows Start menu.Which is best software for video editing? ›
- Premiere Pro.
- Final Cut Pro X.
- Wondershare Filmora.
InVideo is billed on a monthly or yearly basis and offers two pricing tiers starting at $30/month. A free plan is also available, which includes export of up to 60 videos per month, with a watermark.What is the best free video downloader for PC? ›
- VideoProc. (Windows, MacOS) ...
- 4K Video Downloader. (Windows, macOS, Linux) ...
- Allavsoft Video and Music Downloader. (Windows, MacOS) ...
- ByClick Downloader. (Windows) ...
- YTD Video Downloader. ...
- Freemake Video Downloader. ...
- aTube Catcher. ...
- Any Video Converter.
This is so easy to use and edit. Plus it's completely free and I love that. OpenShot Video Editor is a powerful video editor that allows you to create quality compositions using photo, audio and video files.What is free video cutter joiner? ›
Description. The easiest video cutter joiner software can cut large video file and remove unwanted parts like commercials, outtakes and trailers. Free Video Cutter Joiner works well with many file formats like AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, 3GP, FLV,etc. Report as spam or abuse.What is the best free video cutter iPhone? ›
- iMovie. Any list of free iOS video editing apps wouldn't be complete without Apple's iMovie. ...
- VITA. VITA APP OFFICIAL. ...
- KineMaster. ...
- PowerDirector. ...
- Videorama Video Editor. ...
- Adobe Premiere Rush. ...
- FilmoraGo. ...
- Download and install PowerDirector.
- Import your video and add it to the editing timeline.
- Open Edit, then Crop/Zoom/Pan under Tools.
- Crop your video using the available options and click OK.
Locate the Video Effects project window. Find the Crop option under Video Effects. Drag and drop the effect to the clip you want to crop. Adjust the left, right, bottom, and top values to crop your video to the desired size.How do I cut an MP4 into parts? ›
- Select your MP4 file. Upload your MP4 video by clicking on 'Choose MP4 File'. ...
- Click on 'Split' Click on the location where you want to split the video and click on the 'Split' button right above the timeline. ...
- Export and share. Download your new MP4 video by clicking on 'Export'.
- Step 1: Open the Photos App. Find the video you want to trim on your computer and right-click the file to open it with Photos. ...
- Step 2: Adjust Settings. ...
- Step 3: Choose the Trimming Section. ...
- Step 4: Trim the Video.
- Step 1: Launch Microsoft Photos. You can either find the Photos app from your app menu or type the name in the search bar. ...
- Step 2: Upload your Video File. Scroll to the project library section and Select Add. ...
- Step 3: Split Video. Hit Split.
Windows Video Editor
Windows Video Editor is more a photo editor, but offers the basic editing tools like cropping, trimming, and including text or audio. Included with Windows 10 and up, Video Editor is completely free and is good for basic video enhancement. Features include: Auto-preview tool for edits and effects.
- PowerDirector - Best Overall.
- VideoPad - Best Export Options.
- iMovie - Best for Mac Users.
- OpenShot - Best Open-Source Editor.
- Shotcut - Best for Editing Enthusiasts.
- VSDC Free Video Editor - Best for Social Media.
- Windows Video Editor - Best for Windows Photos Users.
- Select. Upload MP4 videos and images from your device that you'd like to merge. ...
- Merge. Organize your content and use the Trim tool to control when one clip cuts and merges into the next.
- Download. Instantly download your finished video to share with your friends, family, and followers.
What is the easiest way to merge videos? The Adobe Express video merger tool is fast, free, and easy to use. Simply upload your clips, arrange them as needed, and instantly download your new video. This merge videos tool is powered by Adobe Premiere so you can make professional quality video edits anywhere, anytime.Can VLC split video files? ›
The VLC player actually can't split the video professionally. It simply re-records the video playing in the VLC media player and saves them in small clips.